Summer Nights 5k

 I made my way down to Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens for their Summer Night 5k trail race directed by S2F. 

I thought it would be a good evening. While the temperature was definitely cooler, the humidity was a pressive. I looked like I had been in a thunderstorm after my warmup. 

The race was advertised as a trail but mostly, it was on the roads with maybe a mile on the trail/gravel. We started on a small trail by their Trail Head building. Then, we went to the road, then to the trail, back to road where we run through the Gardens, over to a side road, and finally on a more traditional trail. Here was the fun part because with the recent afternoon thunderstorms, the trails muddy. 

I finished 2nd overall in 21:33. My legs were so lethargic and covered in mud. They turned over but were an unwilling participant in this race. 

For awards, they gave us this plant which supposedly pulls moisture from the air. I don't have much a green thumb so hopefully; this plant can survive on its own. 

From what I understand there are about 7 miles of trails which doesn't seem to cost anything to use. I may go back and explore more of them. From the map that I saw the trail miles run along Lake Wylie. I love a good view of the water. 


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts