Evening Runs


This injury has also forced me to change up my training schedule. Typically, I am a morning runner. I like rising before the rooster has a chance to make its self known and hitting the roads early. Doing so leaves me ready to tackle the activities of the day long before most people have had the chance to hit their snooze button for the first time.

That is until this injury.

Lately, I have found myself heading out the door for an evening run. Partly because of the extended daylight hours makes running in the evening much delightful and partly due to the warmer temps make it easier on my hamstring.

Those first 30 to 45 minutes the sweat rolls down the sides of my face. Then, a miraculous transition starts to happen. The sun reaches the edge of the horizon. The temperatures dip down. Suddenly, the last 20 to 30 minutes, my body comes alive. I really fill like running. This makes me yearn to run some hard fast miles.

Whether you are a morning, noon, or evening runner always remember to take a moment to enjoy the day. We so often get drawn up in the daily activities of our lives that we miss much of what’s going on around.

Remember, each day is a blessing that should be appreciated and enjoyed to its fullest.

 

Sharing on thought at a time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts