3 sets of (1600 then a 400)

This morning I was having one of those especially good sleep moments. You know the kind. One of those where your head touches the pillow and then the next moment your alarm clock resonates this obnoxious sound as if some cruel joke was being played on you. Your eyes slowly emerge from behind our eye lids while your brain wonders how so many hours have passed so quickly.

For a brief moment, I considered turning over and letting sleep win out. But then, I had promised to be at PDS for our interval workout. I would probably never hear the end of it if I didn’t show up. After all, it was my workout that we were doing.

This morning workout was both fast and intense. Fast because everything was being run in quick succession. Intense because our recovery time was held to the bare minimum.  Leaving my legs overloaded with copious amounts of lactic acid.

3 sets of (1600 with a 100 recovery followed by a 400 with a 400) recovery.

To make things interesting Paul was spotting us a slight head start.

I ran 5:29, 79, 5:33, 79, then 5:46, and 82.

Possibly the wishful thinking of holding off Paul pushed me through the first two intervals. But on the 3 set my 50 year old body started to give in to the pain and suffering.

Overall, I am pleased with the workout. More than anything I am pleased that the temperature was in the 50s and rain stayed at a distance.

Up next Tuesday morning is my speed demon workout: 400, 800, 1200, 800, 400, 800, 1200, 800, and 400 with ½ recovery.

If nothing else, this should kick my legs into high gear.

See you next week,

 

The Cool Down Runner

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts