Working out while on vacation

Last week, someone asked me a question about working out while on vacation. The thought kept rummaging around the back of my head until today when I finally decided to write something about it.

Being an everyday runner means that even when on vacation my miles still need to be run.  

But vacation is vacation and is my body's well deserved time to rest.

So there is no core work, no pushups, no situps, no stretching, no foam roller, no weight lifting, etc.

I just get up and go out the door for my run. This is just the way that I remember it when I was a teenager. Just run!

What time do I start these runs? Well, unless I had a late night, I like getting up early and seeing the world while it is still new. This doesn’t mean rolling out at 5 am in the morning, but a 6:30 or 7 am run usually works best for me.

When I do push out the door, I like to go exploring. Most people when they go on vacation, they only go where things are accessible by car. By running, I get to see things most people never even conceive. This could be far end of a beach area or some hidden trail that is only known to the locals. Most people might walk a mile, but my runs can easily go 7, 8, 10 miles. I can see a ton of cool stuff or spot some local dive that might be worth trying later in the day.

Nice part is that the rest of the day is about enjoying some family time which is what life is all about.

Life is good.

 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts