Garmin Forerunner 35 to 45

 So over the last couple of weeks, my Garmin, what I have call my reliable Garmin Forerunner 35, had been acting up. Things like, it would just shut off. It wouldn't let me start a GPS Running Activity, or strangest of all, it would suddenly start a run event during the middle of the night while I was sleeping. The Garmin would start to vibrate on my arm which woke me. Come this past Sunday, I was getting ready to start my long run and couldn't get into the run mode, then during the run it jumped into run mode only lock up a short time later. By the time that I got back to my car, I was totally frustrated with it. I just took it off and tossed it in the back. 

I reached over, picked up my phone, and pulled up the Amazon app. I thumbed through the possible Garmins. Honestly, I am not looking at the over the top $1k Garmin. I just want the basics: track my runs, my heart rate, and my steps. I scrolled down spotted the Garmin Forerunner 45. I read through the summary, and check, check, and check for the items that I wanted. 

Best of all, Amazon could have it on my doorstep between 7 AM and 11 AM the next day. I placed my order on the spot. 

A few minutes, after 7 AM the next morning, I was pulling up my computers, and I was checking my email. At the top of the list was email from Amazon. My package had been delivered. Nice.

I went to the door, and sure enough, my Garmin was setting on my doorstep. I pulled it of the box, read enough to figure out how to get in to a GPS run mode, and headed out the door for a run. 

Worked like a charm. Splits were pretty much spot on with my previous Garmins. 

I am still learning about this Garmin. Pretty everything has changed from the Garmin Forerunner 35 so look for a follow up post with my thoughts on it. 

For now, shout out to Amazon. Next day Prime delivery rocks. 

The Cool Down Runner. 

Comments

Popular Posts