Soft Flask

On my long runs I am typically drinking the same thing hour after hour. At some point, I just want to taste something different. Anything, I just need my taste buds to registered a different flavor, a different consistency, or a different level of sweetness or tartness. Anything, that helps.

So my options were pretty limited. Either I carry something in my hands or a live with it.

Then, a friend of mine was showing the soft flask that he uses during his long runs. The idea stuck with me but I didn't want to switch up my vest. I like my CamelBak vest.

However, recently I stumbled across a store that was selling just the soft flask so I bought one to test out.

The flask holds about 10 oz. which is perfect. Not enough for me to notice weight wise while I am carrying it but just enough to perk up my taste buds.

I have to say it works great. Three or four hours in to a run, I pull it out from one of my CamelBak pouches and sip on it. When I finish with it, , I tuck the empty flask back in to the pouch. It weighs nothing, and I am not carrying anything in my hands. Win, win.

Then, there are times where I like to sip something leaving an aid station. Here again, using a soft flask works perfect. I carry it for a mile or so or until it is completely empty. Then, again, I just tuck it into my CamelBak pouch. I am big on leaving a zero foot print on the trails so I don't have something throw away or carry in my hands to next aid station.

I wanted to share this for those looking to give their taste buds a break. This is one way to do it.


Socially distancing and wearing a mask,

The Cool Down Runner








Comments

Popular Posts