Squirrel’s Nut Butter


Any runner that has put in some miles has experienced some chafing at one time or another. I too have had my own fair share of experiences, and I thought that I would share some of my experiences with a few different products.

Over the years, I have relied on essentially two products: Vaseline and Body Glide. Based on my experience, Vaseline works well if the race is relatively short and doesn’t have warm temperatures. As the temperature rises, the Vaseline turns in to a water substance. It becomes nearly impossible to apply in a water state. What I was able to apply originally tends to have run away.
Body Glide works better than Vaseline. It does last longer during exercise and across a wider temperature range. This is important because in longer races temperatures can vary greatly from start to finish. For whatever, I just never found myself to be a strong user of it.

Recently, on a recommendation from another runner, I have been trying Squirrel’s Nut Butter. I have been using it in my races this fall, and I found that it works a lot better than the other two. I have spot on my back that tends to rub against my CamelBak. I had it rub the skin raw during a race. When I switched to the Squirrel’s Nut Butter, I no longer have any issues with chaffing on my back.

The only drawback that I could found so far, if the temperature is cold, Squirrel’s Nut Butter is a bit difficult to apply. I found that I have to dig my fingers into it and hold in in my hand until it is soften enough to apply it. But once applied, it works great.

I am including the link here. Check it out. It is also available on Amazon.com so with a prime account, it will be laying at the front door in a couple of days

Kickin’ up trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner






Comments

Popular Posts