Last long run before my 50


I dropped Justin an email earlier in the week. He is usually good for a long run during the week as long as I am willing to go early.

We rolled off for 17 miles this morning just before 5 AM. This would be my last chance to test some gear. I like to double check my head lamp, and I just purchased a new CamelBak vest. I wanted to make sure that it fitted properly before pulling it on to my shoulders during the 50 miler.

I was also test driving some shoes that I might have to wear during the 50 miler. Typically, I wear my racing flats, but next week there is a threat of rain, and rain can make a trail treacherous. I might be running in my trail shoes. Not my first choice, but some time staying up right is more important that speed.

Thankfully, all of my gear checked out wells.

Not checking out so well was my legs. At least when I compare them to how Justin was doing. He was bouncing up the hills like he was on flat ground. I marveled the ease with which he was running. He is going to do quite well during the 50 miler.

The next 3 weeks are pretty much all taper for me. I have my 50 miler next Saturday. Two weeks later, I have my 100 miler.

I just hope my legs come around. If not for the 50, at least, I hope for the 100. Otherwise, I will have a long 30 hour run.

Kickin’ up trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts