Parenting



Once you have children, your life forever changes. Deep down inside, there is just something that makes you want to take care of them. It is a feeling that I am constantly reminded of with my daughters.

However, I was reminded that I get this same behavior from my Dad. I was helping him with some stuff on Saturday afternoon when I casually mentioned that I had been out running that morning.
He asked me if I had been running in the rain. I tried to keep the puzzled look off my face since it has pretty much rained nonstop for the last week here in Charlotte. But this wasn’t the point of his question. He went on to say that running in the rain raised my risk of getting sick. I guess this is the part where we keep things from our parents as they kept things from their parents. If he only need how many times that I went the door and into the driving rain or snow. Some things are just best left unsaid. So I assured him that I tried to pick the best times to run, and I always wear gear to protect myself from the elements. This seem to waylay his concerns.

But as I thought about it later, it made me realize why I am always looking out for my daughters. It also made me feel good to know that something was still thinking about me. I guess as parents; we never get past it. I don't it something that we ever want to get past either.

Happy Trails,

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts