Intervals



Over the last 4 weeks, I have been hitting my weekly intervals. My progress was slow at first, but I feel like that I am some gains. I spent so much time last year prodding along preparing for my 50 miler that I just didn’t do enough work maintaining my leg turnover. This is something that I need to work harder on this year. This starts with my staying with these weekly intervals. 

Normally, I plan on 3 interval periods during the year. One starts with my spring marathon. The second starts with my summer racing schedule. The last culminates with my fall marathon.

This year, I plan more 2 or 3 week sessions. These will be separated by a couple weeks so I don’t get into an endless cycle of speed.

Will this work, I don’t know but what I do know is – doing nothing will not make me any faster.

Time for some trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts