S2F Trail Race

So today, I headed to the WWC for the Start 2 Finish/Charlotte Running Company Trail race. As usual, I opted for the 13 miler race. I seemed to be cursed with wet, muddy trail races. Today was no exception, the trails were truly wet and muddy.

I ended up running 1:47:15 to place 6 overall placing me 1st in the 50-54 age group. I spent much of the race running with several other runners. Toward the back half on the East Main trail, I couldn’t keep up with Daniel flying along on the trail. Mark H. had long since moved out of sight.
Honestly, I was just happy to stay on my feet. At one point on Carpet trail, I flying down a hill. My feet were going in too many directions, and my arms were waving in the air. I would have loved to have had a video of it. The other time that I remember was on the East Main trail. I was rounding this turn to the left and my left slipped knocking out my right foot. Only by grasping on to a nearby tree, did I stay up right.

I also spent some time catching up with Chad, Tom, Mark K., Rob, Marcus, Flavia, Joe, and a few others. It is always good to see a familiar face.

Of course, I was disappointed that I couldn’t do the Hot Chocolate 15k this morning. Here’s hoping that they sort the race dates for next year.

Next up on my race calendar is the 10 miler in a couple of weeks. This will be a better test of my fitness. Although, I might not be as ready as last year. Being the event is a couple of weeks earlier, my training will be bit beyond last year.

Happy dry trails,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts