6 minutes



Earlier this week I was looking back at my time from the S2F Trail race last year. To my surprise, I was saw that I was 6 minutes slower than last year. 6 minutes slower. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed.

How could I be 6 minutes slower? Was it the fact that I am another year older and having lost a step or several? Was I bit more tired, and yes, being a bit older leads to not recovering fast enough? Or was it the fact that the WWC hasn’t seen a dry race since Oct of last year, and the trails are totally soaked.

I shouldn’t really be agonizing of these types of thoughts but yes, they do exist. I was wasting precious seconds of my life mulling them over.

However, the more that I thought about it the more I thought the real answer laid somewhere in the middle of all of these possibilities. Yes, being a little older means I am losing steps that I can likely never get back. Yes, I am a bit more tired. I have been ramping up the mileage, and I only dropped back to recover on Friday. Possibly most impactful up all is that the WWC trails were nothing short of a muddy mess.  

At the end the day regardless of all these possibilities, I know that I gave my best. As long as I know that my time doesn’t manner.

Happy Trails,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts