Charlotte 10 Miler Course Change



Found out last night that the city is making S2F change the 10 miler course this year. Something to do with having the cross a major intersection so they have turned things around on the course. No longer is there a hill in 9 mile, yea, but neither is there downhill 10th mile so boo.

The course now finishes across Johnston Rd from the exit off the greenway.

Honestly, I think the course might be a faster. We will have the slight uphill in the first mile but some downhill in the 2nd, and in miles 3 and 4 we pick up the greenway before bouncing out on to Johnston Road down to 51 where we pick up the greenway again. Then there is a small out and back section in one of the neighborhoods for mile 8. Then, the course remains on the green to the finish.

I will not be able to do an apples for apples comparison with last year, but who knows may be I will surprise myself. May be I will find a few of those steps that I lost at the trail race.

See you at the 10 miler

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts