Recovery – one day at a time

So I am now working on day 3 of my recovery.  I have to say that it is going better than I expected. Saturday evening was tough. I had trouble getting up off my couch. Sunday’s run started out slow but once my legs warmed up, my stride felt better. Monday, I headed for the some trail miles. Honestly, these felt the best. Going for a soft dirt run seemed to be the right call. I definitely wasn’t breaking any land speed records but the soreness was abating slowly. Today, I knocked off 10 miles. The soreness is all but gone. However, my legs are still pretty lethargic. That feeling means a several more days of easy running but I am okay with this. My legs didn’t let me down so I need to reciprocate by letting them recover.  
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts