Down to the last week


With my last 18 miler or one loop of the 50 mile course in the books on Saturday, I finished my last long run before the big day. Seems like only yesterday that I was picking up my packet for last year's 50k event. Adam asked me if I were running the 50 miler. That conversation led to me thinking about it more and more. While I was on the fence until August, I was still running 20+ plus milers in the early summer heat. All with the while, I was leaning toward running it.

Now, the big day is just a few days away. I excited yet I have more than few butterflies in my stomach. I am sure that the excitement and butterflies will continue right up to until start time. Then, I will do what I do in all of my races. I push those doubts aside, and I focus solely on completing the task in front.

I have one goal for Saturday finish within the time limit.

Wish me luck. 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts