RFYL Summer Track Meets


Over the last couple of years, I have finally put my track days behind me. Oh, I did enjoy running the turns and sprinting the straight a ways during the Summer Track Meets of yesteryears. but no more. My hamstrings just don't like it, and I have come to realize that I value running over running injured.

So to fill the void, I have been lending Tim and Tom a hand with the RFYL Summer Track Meets. I guess I am living vicariously through others while at the same time helping Tim and Tom keep a running summer time tradition alive.

Besides, what else would we runners do on Tuesday nights around Charlotte? I could not image a June without these meets or a better way to spend a Tuesday evening.

Even better, I get to enjoy watching the next generation of runners learn to toe the line. Possibly, in another 10 to 12 years, I might just see Chase and Noah flying along on the same track in the mile that I have watched their Dads race.

If you have not been out, there is one more meet left on the schedule. Come out next Tuesday night. The 50 meter event starts around 6:15.

See you then,

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts