Back to the trails - Long Run


After a summer of suffering in the heat and humidity, Saturday was another fine example of great fall weather. For the first hour or so, I could have worn a shirt.



But we all know this is great weather for running. I hope each of you is taking advantage of it.



Anyway, after racing last Sunday, and then running my long trail run on Monday, I was back on the trails at the WWC for my long run yesterday.



I wanted to clock 22 Garmin miles before quitting. To make this happen I attempted to pick a course which brought back around 20 to 21 miles. This way, I get a nice little loop around the rapids before quitting. Since I had been running the 15k Trail race loop, I decided to throw in both the Carpet and the Figure 8 loops. Using both of these loops, one lap was about 10.5 Garmin miles.



My first lap went fairly well, but I could tell with all the miles over the past week, my legs were “sorely” lacking in any pop. A couple of times on the second lap, my foot clipped a root, but luck was on my side. I didn't go down.



By the end, my quads were spent.



Hopefully, they bounce back this week. I am in full marathon training now so I don't need any set backs. Also, I have a trail ½ marathon coming up in a couple of weeks. They need to keep me up right and carry me the entire way.



Please keep you fingers crossed for me.



The Cool Down Runner







Comments

Popular Posts