22 Miler LR 9-6-17


Following my usual weekend long run plans, I was cruising a long the trails at the White Water Center on Saturday morning. The last couple of weeks, I would repeat my first 10 mile loop. This way, life is nice and simple. On my second lap through my brain is nearly on autopilot.


But this week, I switched things up. I ran two different 10 mile loops. If I had desired, I believe I could have squeezed out a 3rd 10 mile loop with hardly any overlap. The WWC guys keep adding trail. I love it.
 
So why did a switch up my run pattern this past weekend.....

As we get tired, our ability to concentrate becomes more and more difficult. For this very reason, I pushed myself to do the more technical trails over the last half of my runs. Thus, knowing the course is far more difficult; I force myself to concentrate so much harder and longer. An ability which I believe can be enhanced in us all if we are willing to work at it.



But I digress.



Hopefully, these long runs will help me with my Marathon. The race is fast approaching with only 6 more weeks of training left to do. Seems like the weeks are flying by.



The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts