Time to put the speedwork on the self for a few weeks.


Tuesday morning, Sarah and I hit the PDS track for 5 x 800s with a 400 recovery between each one.  Today, I followed it up with 12 x 60 second hill repeats.

Even thou, I am not racing this weekend; I decided it was time to put a done stamp on my speedwork for a while The time has come to give myself a few weeks off and shakeout a bunch of easy runs before putting pen to paper and organizing my plan for the rest of the year.

Why idle back the speedwork?

Far too often, I keep pushing and pushing because my workouts seem to be going well. More often than not, I push to far and end up stringing together either a bunch of subpar workouts or races. There is no real reason for it.

Scaling back allows both my mind and body to rebound for the next round.

Tomorrow when the sun comes up, I will be out cruising along for a nice easy run.
How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts