Honey Stinger Waffles - Strawberry


Alright, my posts have been racing and injury oriented lately so it is time for a change of pace. Time has come to check out another nutritional product on the market.

Several weeks ago, I was asked if I had ever tried the Honey Stinger Waffles. This was quick and easy answer – No. Being a Power Bar fanatic, branching out is not something easy to do for me. But the recommendation came on good authority so when I was at TrySports a few weeks ago and saw them on the self, I picked up a few of them.

So far, I have tried them as a post meal desert and as a pick me up before a run. At 160 calories and easy to stick in my pocket, these waffles help satisfy my post meal cravings and limit the number of calories that I stick into my system. Both are good things for a weight conscious runner.

Then, there is the pre run doldrums. Your last meal has been many hours ago and you know you have a run in an hour so, but you don't want anything too heavy or risk seeing it again during the run.

After each leg of my Palmetto Relay, I would come back and eat a small bagel and a Honey Stinger Waffle. Then in a couple of hours, I would go running hard again. Not once did I have any stomach issues during my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th legs. And, I counted my lucky stars for it.

What does it taste like? I have tried the Strawberry flavor and it is a lot like eating really thin cookie. Definitely, have some water handy to wash it down.

The only drawback that I have encountered is their fragility. Tossing a few in my duffle bag and they can end up all broken from bouncing around inside the bag. I am left eating the crumbs.

Otherwise, I suggest give them a try.


Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts