Sundown Trail Race - Ann Springs

 Wow, August is already here, and I am just finished up the Fort Mill's Club's Sundown Trail Series for the 2nd year in a row. 

Just before the start, I looked around. I saw many new faces, but I also say many familiar faces. I tried to make note of each face, and I would look for them next May. 

As for the race, Debby made Charlotte appear to be at the moment of dusk for the entire day. Indeed, the trails were darker because of it. 

The course was the reverse of our June race which meant, we were going the creek first. Then, we would have to pretty much 4 miles to run in soggy shoes. I made sure to wear shoes that shed the water quickly as well as to wear dry fit socks. Pretty after 100 yards, I didn't notice how wet my shoes were. 

Several guys took things out pretty hard. However, once we got in the woods, I don't think that they enjoyed the heat and humidity all that much. I reeled everyone in except Troy. Troy has been on a hot streak lately, and this has led to him running really well on these trails. 

I was happy with my 34:09 for 4 and half miles and 2nd place finish. This placed me 2nd in their race series. Although, the race series was a little different this year. They crowned a grand champion which bumped Troy up from the series 1st place award. So, in reality, I finished 3rd in the series, but I got the 2nd place award. 

Honestly, I don't know why but this summer seems to have flown by. I need it to slow down. I don't think that I have enjoyed it as much as I should have. 

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts