S2F Charlotte Running Company 9 Miler Trail Race

On balmy Saturday morning, I found myself back at the WWC for a trail race but this time for S2F's Charlotte Running Company Trail race. I say balmy that is if 31 degrees can be considered balmy. After all, just two weeks ago, I was running at mid-night at the WWC, and the temperature was near 70 degrees. I cannot seem to get a good Goldilocks race these days, .

I wish that I could say that this race went according to plan but it was just not the plan that I wanted. With my ankle and knee still not more that 60%, I just couldn't put the force through it that I wanted. 

I feel pretty good going straight head but when I start to twist, turn, or hairpin turns, I just am not able to plant my right foot. Trail races, especially at the WWC are not known for a lot straight ahead running. I seemed to lose ground with every turn. 

Still, I enjoyed getting out on the trails, and as always, I enjoyed racing. I especially enjoyed seeing my Charlotte Running Company Teammates. 

Long before, I moved over to doing lots of trail racing, this race has been on my calendar. Mostly because I know Jen and her crew, and I know the effort that they put in for their races. 

Their races are always well organized, from packet pickup to race start time to awards. Their courses are well marked. I saw where they put in extra ribbon to help guide runners in the more confusing sections of the course. Their crew that was handling bibs and hoodies at the start were working their fingers to keep them warm. That's dedication in my book. 

I am already planning on being back next year, and I hope to be at 100% when I do. 

See you all in '23,

Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts