5% Grade for 10 miles

 My 100 miler is just a 8 weeks way so I am putting myself through my final set of training workouts. 

To come up with these workouts, I like to scope out as much as I can understand about the course and then break those sections down and create mock training workouts which mirror those sections of course. 

One of these I did this past week. In preparation for my 17 mile climb back to the top of White Top, I went to the Y, and I cranked up the tread mill to 5 percent for my 10 mile run. The climb back up to White Top ranges between 2 and 3 percent but the trail does kick up to 4 percent in a couple of sections. I chose to use 5 percent because this will be higher than anything that I will face on race day. 

I would not say that it was hard, but it was uncomfortable. More than once I was wished that I was finished. 

When I stepped off the tread mill, I still felt like I was lifting them higher than normal. 

I am big believer in preparation. Then, I just have to hope that everything falls in to place on race day. 


Cool Down Runner Adventures

Comments

Popular Posts