Autumn Trail Tan 50k

 This year hasn't been one for taking much vacation time so I had a few days that I needed to use. What better way to spend it than to get in some trail time. 

With the awesome weather happening this week, running 50k sounded like just the right way to accomplish my goal here. So Thursday morning, I headed for the Whitewater Center. 

I feel that I am still finding my footing after getting knocked off my feet by whatever I had last month. 

I made sure to set an easy pace for the first 15 miles or so. As I got in to the latter part of this run, I felt pretty strong. I probably went out way to easy but when I didn't know how things would go, it is better to err on the side of caution. 

I also knew that the the weather was going to heat up later in the day. After all these 50s and 60s degree mornings, 80s feels pretty warm now. To compensate for it getting warm, I wore my CamelBak because I wanted to circle back less to car. This worked out well. 

However, later that evening, my shoulders and back reminded me just that I should probably wear it more often. Lately, I seem to be finding more ways to make myself sore. 

Still, I checked a box with yet another 50k run this year. 

There was a time when I would never think of running that far in a single day. Now, I do it, and I don't even think about it. My running has really changed over the last 10 years. 


The Cool Down Runner

 

.

Comments

Popular Posts