WWC River Jam Virtual 10k - Sept Edition

 So I ran my September WWC River Jam Virtual 10k race. I don't know. I felt like I was running faster than I ended up running. I ran 48:58. This was some 30 to 60 seconds slower than usual, but then, I have been sick, and I am still getting back to full strength. May be I should not be so disappointed in myself as I felt by just looking at my Garmin.

Looking at September, I went for it because I expected more rain this month. Rain means the trails are closed so I would have no opportunity for a time. Since I was doing the entire virtual series, getting in a time albeit may be slower needed to be done. 

If there is one bright side with this being a virtual race, I can hold off to the last minute submitting my time. Then, if an opportunity to do 2nd run arises, I can take advantage of it. Right now, I am hoping for next Tuesday morning. If the stars align, I will be going after a 2nd time. 

I am definitely feeling strong. Hopefully, feeling strong will result in a faster effort this time around. 

Hopefully, everyone is stay well, and we can all look forward to getting back to some normal racing '21. 


The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts