Under the Weather

 I am sorry. I have not felt much like posting lately. The last few days of August and in to September, I was really under the weather. 

It all started when I noticed some soreness in my shoulders. Then, the next day came a low grade fever. The next days, I could only garner enough strength for a couple of miles of running each day. Otherwise, my travels limited to going between my bed and my couch. I took some ibuprofen help with the fever. I had no appetite and no energy. The headaches were a awful. Nothing seemed to help. 

After about three days, my temperature slowly started to come down. It took a full week before it was normal again. 

With this pandemic happening, I figured that it was my time. 

However, once I got well enough that I could drive again, I got tested. 24 hours later, I got back my test result, and to my surprise, I did not have Covid 19. 

Apparently, I just had the yearly flu.

It really took it out of me. 

It has been over a week now, and I am still just getting my strength back.

My daily life has pretty much returned to normal. Running, however, is still coming along. That strength that I have come accustom to leaning on during my runs has not returned yet. I am trying to be smart about it so I am taking things slowly. 

What I really cannot figure out is this. I wear a mask. I don't venture in to large groups. I wash my hands regularly.  I sanitize them when I go out, and I am probably more careful now than I have ever been in my entire life yet I still caught this "flu" when I am surrounded by the Covid 19 virus. Life makes no sense sometimes. 

Feel better, 

The Cool Down Runner


 




  

 

Comments

S%$·%h$%t happens!! Get better my friend!! Hope the running comes along quickly.

Popular Posts