Gummy Bears


So, let's just say that I was too lazy about getting to the store this past week, as such I was lacking my usual supply of Sports Beans or something to throw a little energy at my system during my long run. This only dawned me while I was packing for my Saturday long run on Friday night.

While I am not a fan of Gummy Bears, I have heard stories that some some ultra runners use them. So on the way over for my trail run, I stopped by a gas station to pickup a bag. Actually, I grabbed two bags since they are 2 for $2.

If you are wondering what flavors did I chose, well, I chose the multi flavored pack. Although, I have to say, they all pretty much tasted the same.

One advantage, I do like about them. They don't get stuck in my teeth as I chew them. For the most part, I couple of quick chews, and they are ready to swallow.

One aspect that I was expecting but didn't get was an overly sweet sugary taste. In fact, I hardly tasted the sugar at all. I have found during my runs as I tire, I like strong flavors but I don't like any thing overly sweet. The sweetness just seems to leave me with a sickening feeling.

With my first Gummy Bear test run in the books, I don't know that I am going to become a pronounced user of Gummy Bears on my long runs, but you have to admit at 2 bags for $2 which easily gives me enough Gummy Bears for 4 long runs, the price point is right.

Never be a afraid to test something new. Just don't do it in a race. LOL.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts