Trail Long Run #3

Ok, so Saturday I headed to the trails to knock out my 3rd long run in as many weeks under the shady leaves of the forest. The morning started out a bit rough. For the first hour or so, the humidity was something awful. Within the first 20 minutes, my body was dripping with sweat. Then, somewhere around around 9 or 9:30 the humidity lifted, and the breeze picked up. From then. On, my run felt totally different.

Everything was stark contrast to the previous week when the heat seemed to radiate from every possible direction. I couldn't get enough water in me to rehydrate.

The week, the miles rolled along. By the time my Garmin clocked 18 miles, I was pulling back in to the parking lot, and still felt good.

Three more weeks, my body should become well adapted to the stresses of the trails. Let's hope some of this trail strength will cross over and show up during my road races.

I do my best to keep you posted on my progress.

By the way, been thinking about doing another Crowders Mt. To Kings Mt. Trail run. I didn't do one last year, but I feel like time is right for another one. Of course, I need to pick a good weekend for it. Maybe one here during Aug or September.

The Cool Down Runner






Comments

Popular Posts