We Believe 5k @ the WWC

This was the 2nd of back-to-back races. However, I got to sleep a little later with the 10 AM start time. 

The WWC We Believe 5k has become my yearly end to my racing season with a several weeks of downtime to follow before looking toward the new year. 

I went out hard but having raced the night before, I wasn't exactly hitting on all 8 cylinders as I wanted. We ran part way around the channel and picked up North Main heading back toward South Main. Guys were flying and my legs felt heavy. 

We turned on Tower, ran to the top, and took a short cut over the finish out South Main. I was happy to just hit the parking lot. Yet, I still had to run the section behind the pavilion to run.  

I kept urging my legs to go faster. They were not happy. 

Best part is when I crossed the finish line. I was done racing for a while. 

I ran 21:15 on an albeit a short course. This placed my 2nd in my age group and 6 overall. I picked up a nice beanie for my efforts. 

I took a deep breathe, walked back to my car. I was definitely ready for some downtime. 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts