Marshall Marathon Shakeout Run


So to catch you up, I am back in Huntington, WV for another running of the Marshall Univ. Marathon. This will be my 3rd year in a row running this year.

To add to the events of the weekend, this year they decided to have a 5k shakeout run for the runners. The cost was reasonable at $25, and I would get a nice sweat shirt instead of the usual t-shirt that most races provide.

Yesterday, I dropped back packet pickup. When I got the sweat shirt for the shakeout run, I was very impressed. This was a super nice one with a cool logo on it. In fact, I felt it was nicer than the pullover that came with the the Marathon registration. I suspect more than a few others felt the same way. Of course, I also suspect a few people didn't like the fact that they switched from the nice ASIC jackets the previous two years to these pullovers. Likely, my pullover will go into my dungin of shirts never to be seen again.

But enough about shirts, the shakeout run took place at Springs Hill cemetery. The course was a bit hilly to say the least, but what else would one expect. WV isn't know for a lot of flat land.

I cruised through the course in 23 minutes, and I finished something like 5, 6, or 7th. Only a couple guys seemed to be interested in racing it. Most of the runners were like me. This was a just another easy day before the big day tomorrow.

I love the idea of a shakeout run, and I would love to see more marathons adopt this type of event. Give the runners something todo on the day before the big day. Run, eat, and talk about running, a shakeout run is event to do it.

Well, that it for today. I drop a recap of my marathon race likely the first part of next week.

Best in running,

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Good luck Bill!! You ll do a good job!

Popular Posts