A 20 miler on a cloudy Saturday morning

After postponing this run for several weekends, last Saturday morning I finally muscled together the necessary mental drive and forced myself to run 20 miles in this summer time heat.

There was even a token effort on my part to get out the door at an early hour. However, with the temperature already hovering near 80 degrees and the air thick with humidity, 6 AM seemed to be more late than early.

At least part of my run went off before the sun truly crested over the tree line.

For most part this was a rather quiet run. George A did jump in while I was passing through Huntersville. Rolling along Main Street, I noticed this guy pull in to a driveway ahead of me, and the run across the road. As I was passing him, he jumped in to run along with me. His face looked familiar but I couldn’t place the name. George lives in the Huntersville area and was heading for a run on the Davidson College XC course. We chatted for a few minutes and then he ran back to his car. His visit was an unexpected but a much appreciated distraction from what was otherwise a hot and tiring run.

The return trip home was less eventful. For the most part the sun stayed behind the clouds until I hit the 17 mile mark. Allowing me to feel better than I would have felt otherwise.

Hard to believe but I am roughly 12 weeks out from the Marshall Marathon in Nov. Where has the year gone.

The Cool Down Runner

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts