WWC 24 Hour Timed Laps Event

 About two months ago, I started kicking around the idea of doing this event. Having never done a 24 event before, it was something that I wanted to explore. 

My initial thoughts were to do put together a team, but as time passed and I thought more about it, I settled in the fact that I wanted to do it solo for a couple of reasons. 

The first reason being as I mentioned above. Having never done a 24 event, it is a check box on my ultra running resume that I felt that I waned to check. Second, this is more of a personal goal than anything else. I would like to see if I could do 100 miles on the WWC trails. I pushed to 50 multiple times. Pushing to 100 and then trying doing it in less that 24 hours could be a stretch for me. I hasten to think about the number of times that I will hit the ground. I may walk away with more than a few bloody spots. 

The event starts on evening at 7 PM. I will likely be posting through the night and day on my progress. 

One thing for sure, Saturday night, I will crash on my couch for sure. 

Cool Down Runner - looking toward new adventures. 

Comments

Popular Posts