Tuckfest - Twilight 5k

 Oh, what a fresh set of batteries make. I just wish that I could do the same for my legs. 

To be doubly sure of things, I doubled down and wore both a head lamp and a waist lamp. I had plenty of light to see the trail. 

My legs were a different story. They were tired. I mean really tired. Making things even harder, I have been skipping my normal warm up miles so I am two to three miles into the race before my legs figure things out. Tonight, this was at the finish line. 

I had caught a couple of runners during the 3rd mile. I was trying to put some distance between us but I couldn't get enough. They nipped me at the finish. I was digging like crazy on the hill to finish. I just didn't have any more gears at this point. Both guys surged by me in the last 5 yards to the finish. Nothing that I could really do to change things. I gave it my all.

Now, it is on to the 1/2 marathon and 5k races tomorrow. 

Should really be fun. 

Cool Down Runner night time adventures. 


Comments

Popular Posts