Tuckfest - 1/2 Marathon

 My alarm clock went off, and I pushed my tired body out of bed. I splashed some cold water on my face, and got dressed for the last day of Tuckfest at the WWC. 

I was sluggish getting my legs to start running. By 3 miles, they started to feel better. This lasted until about 8 miles when I suddenly felt a wave of fatigue sweep over me. I thought that I could push through it. But my tired leg or in this case tried feet let me down. Or, I should say took me down. One second, I was thinking about something else, and the next, I was laying on the ground. Both knees hurting, my right hand, right elbow, and shoulder. It was stinging pretty good. This was a pretty hard hit. The wind went completely out of my sails. Those last few miles, I cruised it on it to the finish. Blood was running from both knees. 

I headed to the rest room to clean up, and then back to my car for some first aid. Until I started trail running, I never kept a first aid kit in my car. Now, I have a full stocked one. 

I was doing things quick because I had the final event - a 5k starting in just over two hours. 


Cool Down Runner - battered and bruised.  

Comments

Popular Posts