Tuckfest - Quarter Marathon

 My alarm jostled me from a deep slumber this morning at 6:30 AM. I was due back at the WWC for their Tuckfest Quarter Marathon at 8 AM. 

Getting out of bed was hard. My muscles stiff and sore. I really wanted to rollover and sleep a little longer but I had committed myself so I had follow through. 

Jenn sent us off at 8 AM. Everyone seemed to be going out so hard. I finally settled in to nice spot. Soon things do what they always do on trails, they start to spread out. 

I moved up a few spots but a huge group pulled away. I settled in for a nice solo run for the rest of the race. 

I ran 1:04:45 for just over 7 miles which was good for 5th overall. I would have like to stick around but I had stuff to do today, and I have to be back tonight for tonight's trail race. 

PS, with fresh batteries in my head lamp. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures 

Comments

Popular Posts