Tuckfest - 10 Miler

 Last Friday, I was running up and down the Virginia Creeper Trail. This morning, I was running up and down the hills: Parkway, East Main, Prairie Dog, and Tributary at the WWC Tuckfest 10 Miler. 

I do have to say that my legs felt better last Friday than they did today. Today, they were pretty lethargic, but then, all I was after was morning on trails to kick up some trail dust. I checked that box. 

After months dispersed starts, gun starts are back at the WWC races, and I loved it. We all left at 9 AM. The crowd of runners spread out quickly. 

Once I entered East Main, I was pretty much on my own. Occasionally, I would catch a glimpse of a runner ahead of me. 

I found that they changed Prairie Dog trail. The trail is a bit longer now and stays a bit more in the woods over going through the grassy section. It was definitely more runnable since they removed the downhill section. I was happy about the addition. 

Now, I turn my attention toward the night race. It starts at 8:30 PM so I will  have to break out my head lamp again. In truth, I wish that I did more night time trail runs, but I have to be honest with myself. Running late in the evening or early in the morning just isn't all that inviting. Meaning, I have to take advantages of these opportunities. 


Cool Down Runner Adventures 

  

Comments

Popular Posts