Tread - Red, White, Blue - 5k @ WWC

 This year, the WWC guys added a new race to their schedule. They added the Tread - Red, White, & Blue 5k on July 3. 

So this morning, I was signing up for it, and I saw that they added a twist to it. This 5k will have 3 possible courses: a red course, a white course, and blue course. Knowing the WWC trails like the back of my hand, I skipped down the page looking for the trail maps. Why you might ask? Well, you have to select your course during the registration. But here's the twist. They have not posted the course map or possibly maps yet so I have not idea how the courses will be designed.  

That's the twist. 

As I set there staring at the registration page, I wondered which color i.e. course should I blindly choose.  My gut told me to choose white. Why white? Well, red symbolizes hardiness and valor so the red course will likely be the toughest with lots of hills to test a runner's core strength. Blue symbolizes vigilance, perseverance, and justice so blue is likely to have plenty of roots, rocks, and twist and turns to keep us runners on our toes. This leaves white. White symbolizes purity and innocence. This I will take to mean smooth easy running. Of course, this is just my way of justifying my color selection. With my luck, white will have a combination of both red and blue. I was just to naïve to realize it.  

Guess we will find out in a couple of weeks.

The Cool Down Runner





Comments

Popular Posts