River Jam @ WWC - June Edition

 A little running and a little music, what better way to spend a Thursday evening. Stephen sent us off at 6:30 PM. Just like last month, we had a mad 50 yard dash to the trail head, and a lot of jostling as people tried to figure out how to do side by side running on a single track trail. I found myself in a Congo line of runners. I just prayed that no one fell. There was no room to go around them. 

I past a few runners where possible. There was a lot of excuse me and pardon me and maybe a little of on your left. I like to be polite when I pass. 

Other than the start, I do like this course. The start is just crazy because there is no opportunity for us to string out before entering the trail.  

For myself, I was running on tired legs that would have rather been somewhere else. They are still pretty lethargic from the Yeti 50 miler on Saturday. Throw on top of it, this was a pretty warm day, and I do not believe my body acclimated to the warmer days. 

At one point, sweat was running down both sides of my face. 

Still, I did my best to shake all of it off. I ran 47:26 and finished 6 OA. 

I am hoping for something a little better in July. The only thing that I know for sure. It will be hotter. 

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts