Charlotte Summer Track Wk #3

 Based on what I heard, Monday evening the organizers of the Summer Track Series were having an email discussion about the forecasted 102 temperature expected on Tuesday. Apparently, the results of that email chain was to delay the start of this week's event by 30 minutes. 

When I heard about this, I just smiled. Is the temperature really going to change all that much between 6:30 and 7. For that matter, between like 6:30 and say 8 pm, it is just going to be hot. 

However, all this became a mute point when morning storms rolled in to the area on Tuesday. I was setting on the infield of the Myers Park track. The temperature was a mild 80ish degrees with a nice breeze blowing. Of course, I understand it. Decisions have to be made far in advance of an event to safe guard the runners. For that I applaud their efforts. 

They did restructure the events by canceling the 5k, and running the mile as the last event. Everyone understood, and I think that everyone was just happy to be able to take advantage of a great evening for running. 

There are 2 more weeks of Summer Track so make sure to get your racing shoes and come out one of these two weeks. 

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts