WWC New Years Eve - Run Across the Years 5k

 After my 10k race, I had about 4 hours and 45 minutes between races. Initially, I thought about going home and then coming back. For some reason, I decided to just hang out watch some ice skating. After all, it was nearly 70 degrees so it was quite nice to be outside. 

About 15 minutes before the race, I changed shoes and pinned on my bib. Then, I headed for the starting lines. 

At 11:45, they sent us off. Oh, were my legs stiff. I could barely run. Every part of my legs resisted my efforts to make them run faster. We descend down in to North Main, and then to Figure 8. 

My legs were sloooooooowly loosening up but it was far too late. I race decently well over the last mile and half back to the Pavilion. I was just happy to be finished. 

What sounded like a good idea end up being a terrible idea. I didn't run worth 2 cents in this race. 

While we were racing, we could hear fireworks going off in the neighborhoods which surround the WWC. Without looking at my Garmin, I knew almost instantly when mid night happened. 

I think for next year, I will choose one or the other of the races but not both. My body just doesn't handle back to back races all that well.


Here's hoping your new year is off to a great start. 


Cool Down Runner Adventures

Comments

Popular Posts