WWC New Year's Day 10k Trail race

 A little after 2 am, I settled into bed only to be jolted awake for what seemed like a few short minutes. 

I recognized a few diehards while standing at the starting line from the night before so unfortunately, I was facing a lot fresh legs. 

On the the bright side, I knew the course well. 

Everyone one seemed to be moving faster than I felt like running. We dropped in to Rabbit Trail, and then North Main to Figure 8. No one got lost this time. 

The course was a bit cut up from having two races already run over it so I had to watch me step. 

A couple of young guys took it out pretty hard, and they paid for it. I caught one on Tortuga and the other as we round the channel. Yeah, trails are a bit tougher to run than the roads. 

South Main and Slalom were in good shape. I wanted to lean in to the pace a little more but my legs told me differently. 

I finished a couple of minutes faster than last night despite the tired legs. Not sure this happened.

Big kudos to the WWC Race Series Crew for burning the midnight oil and putting in long hours to give us some great opportunities to do some trail racing. 


Cool Down Runner - starting the New Year off by getting some dirt on his shoes.  


Comments

Popular Posts