Runner Down @ the Y

 This evening, I was at my local Y getting in some time on the tread mill. The belt was flowing under my feet while my brain was lost in thought. I can somehow disassociate while my legs flow underneath me. Comes in handy on long runs. 

Anyway, as I was saying, I was lost in thought. 

When suddenly my eyes catch an abrupt movement from a runner on a treadmill in front of me. A second or two may have passed as my brain shifts from working on one problem to focusing on this runner. I see her grab the sides handles. She is holding on but her feet are going backwards on the treadmill. Finally, she let's go, flops down on the belt, and gets thrown off the back of the tread mill. 

Now, I seen a few videos of this happening but never have I seen it in person. 

She rolls over on to her rear and sets up. 

I speed on my treadmill so that I can see over the front. I then ask if she is alright. She is like - "I thinks so". She gets up and starts to get back on the tread which is still rolling along. Then, she decides the better of it, and she walks along the side to shut it off. 

She goes over and tells one of the Y associates about it. They talk for a few minutes, and then he shows her one of the elliptical machines. After he demonstrates it, she gets on it. 

I would have watched longer but my time was up on my treadmill, and I needed to move along and finish up my workout elsewhere in the Y. 

When I left a while later, I noticed that she had moved to one of the recumbent bikes. 

Let's hope her next visit to the Y isn't as eventful. 

Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts