Let my taper begin

 A little less than 9 months ago, I put my name on the dotted line to run the Yeti100 miler. I still wonder if luck was really on my side or not from that lottery. 

As winter changed to spring, and spring changed to summer, I planned my schedule and trained my tail off. 

This meant lots driving, lots of long miles on the trail, and lots races. Of course, lots of sweating and scrapes happened along the way. The mounting number of scares on my knees and elbows goe to illustrate how close to the edge that I kept pushing myself. 

This morning as I was completing my 4th trip to the top of Crowders Mt, I slowed and looked off in to the distance. I could see for miles may be a 100 or more, I don't really know. I wondered if  one of those distance Mt. tops was White Top. In just a couple of weeks, I will be standing on it. Maybe I will look back and wonder if one those mountains in the distance is Crowders. One thing that I do know Crowders has worked my quads to the bone. I hope hard enough that my legs will carry me down from White Top twice and up once. 

I have packed 9 months of training in to my body. Now, my taper begins. Time to let my body bounce back for what is going to be a very long day of running in the hills of Virginia. 

I am super excited but I admit; I have some butterflies. Honestly, I think that I would be worried if I didn't have at least a few butterflies. 

Best of luck to everyone else that is participating in the Yeti. 

See you soon, 

Cool Down Runner Adventures


Comments

Popular Posts