TeraQuest

 I have 50 miler coming up soon. This is another of my ultra bucket list items. In this case, I am running a 50 miler point to point. This should be interesting and will definitely be different.

Ahead of the race, the race directory has been sending out more and more info about it. 

This past week he sent the course map which is as far as I know is only available in this TeraQuest app. Now, I have never used this app before so being a techy guy, I am interesting learning about it. 

Seems simple enough. 

I download the app from the app short. I create an account. I search for the name of the race. That all went smoothly. I did have a little trouble downloading the map for offline usage, but the race director quickly responded to my email and fixed this issue. 

From what I understand, when I start the race, I start the run in the app. Then, the app gives me turn by turn instructions. To say the least, I am a little hesitate to depend on technology during a race. Don't get me wrong. I am big fan of using technology, but technology sometimes doesn't always work when I need it. Like when I come up to an intersection and don't know which way to go and my phone fails pulling up the map or the battery decides that it depleted. 

As fall back, I am going print a paper copy of the course. I am pretty good at reading a map, and I have often used them during many of my trail runs. Best of all, they do not need batteries or cell towers. 

Of course, I also asked if he was putting up physical directions along the course which he is. This makes a feel a little better. Still, even physical signs can be changed or removed. 

Keep your fingers crossed for me. If I never post again, just know that I am probably still wondering around somewhere on the course. LOL.

Cool Down Runner Adventures


Comments

Popular Posts