Moderna Vaccine - check

 Yesterday, they opened vaccine eligibility to everyone 16 and above in NC. I went online looking for an appointment. Realistically, I wasn't expecting to be able to make an appointment for several weeks.

However, I bounced around through several sites, and I found one that gave me an appointment for this morning. I signed up.

About an hour ago, I got my 1st dose of the Moderna vaccine. 

My appoint was at 9:30 but I arrived about 30 minutes early not knowing what to expect. I was directed in to their parking lot where I was handed some paperwork to complete. Then, I got in line for the vaccine. I didn't even get out of my car.

The only question that they was was which arm. I took my shot in my left arm. 

It was quick and painless.

I then had to do the mandatory 15 minute wait to see if I had any type of reaction. Let's just say the guy watching was going by the clock. I wasn't cleared to leave until my full 15 minutes had elapsed. 

That was it. Easy as could be. 

Opinions about Covid are all of the place. Everyone has a personal decision to make. For me the decision came down to this. I don't want to be the one that spreads this virus to my family, friends, and especially to my parents. I want them all to be around for many more years to come. Anything that I can do to help ensure that this happens, I think is incumbent on me to do. 

I plan to post more about my experiences from the vaccine but hopefully, they will be few. Crossing fingers. 


Cool Down Adventures 

 

Comments

Popular Posts