Covid Training Guidelines

 I am on Trail Runner Magazine's email distribution list, and this week, their email contained a link about Covid Training guidelines. Having just taking my first dose of the vaccine, their headline caught my attention. 

If you are interested in reading this article, click here

Reading through the article, I identify with what they were saying. Aches, pains, soreness from running happen far more often that I care to admit, so I didn't think too much about my knees feeling a little more sore than usual. I simply chalked it up to being older and too many miles. Even thou, I wasn't experiencing the same issue last week. After reading the article, I wondered if maybe some of theaw effects that I was feeling were my body's efforts to build Covid immunity. 

Maybe they were and maybe not. 

I wish that I had read the article before taking the first dose. I would probably not been running 20 miles two days after the shot. I would probably have taken a few more easy days. 

I wanted to share this because I know that many runners looking to get their vaccine. I have not seen a lot of literature about the vaccine and runners. So learn all that you can and take a few easy days. 


Cool Down Runner Adventures

Comments

Popular Posts