Putting on my bike back on my trainer


Ultra-running has really curtailed my cycling over the last several years. I hate this because I really love riding my bike. Sometime in life I have to choose, and long runs seemed like the better option for ultra races. Plus, trail runs are probably safer than riding my bike on the roads these days, but this is something for a future post.

Both my bike and my trainer were gathering dust in the corner of my house. May be two times last year did I ride my bike outside. That's in total.

All of this changed on Monday. I blew the dust off both my bike and my trainer for starters. Then, I had to find my air pump so I could air up my tires. Seems that both tires were flat. I spent probably 15 to 20 minutes rummaging through my bike tool kit. My air pump takes a Schrader value while my bike tubes Presta values so I have adapter for it. Darn thing was buried at the bottom. Of course, it was. Where else would I expect it to be.

30 minutes later, I was riding my bike. I took this first workout pretty easy so it was only about 25 minutes long. Oh, were my legs sore the next day. Actually, my soreness lasted for several more days. I could really feel it in my groin. However, I stuck with it. I did another ride on Wednesday and on Friday. My legs will adjust. They will have to adjust. They don’t have another option. The Y is going to be closed for a while.

Here’s hoping you all can still get in a workout or two. Like everyone else, I am doing my best in these trying times.

Kickin’ up the trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts