Postponement Email


I am nearly to the point where I dread opening my inbox. There seems to be just one disappointing email after another these days. Today, the marathon that I planned to run in a couple of weeks is now postponed to a yet unknown date.

I get it. It isn’t like I really expected the marathon to happen or for them to give me a new marathon date. We are living in uncharted times.

I will say that they gave me some decent options. I could stay the course, and my registration would be move to the new marathon date. I could transfer my registration to another race in their series, or I could get a full refund which is pretty good considering some of the other stories that I have heard.

I have to give the race director major kudos here. He could have handled this any number of ways. Runners here came out pretty good here.

Hopefully, your races give you some good options as they figure out their road ahead.

Kickin’ up the trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts