Shamrock Run


Hopefully, all of you are practicing social distancing.  

So with social distancing now our norm for everyone, I headed out for a long solo run today. Right now, there is nothing else to do.

41+ miles later, I strolled up my car and dropped my pack in the back. This is when I realized that green pollen covered me from head to toe. I do not ever remember having this much pollen on me.

So why did I run 41+ miles today? Well, first, I needed a long run. That goes without saying. Runners like running long especially ultra-runners. Two, I have this bucket list item to run every trail at the WWC in one day. I did not come up with this idea myself. The idea originated from the WWC Mt. bike race series. They have a spring event called the Enchilada Ride for Mt. bikers. Mt bikers have the option of either riding half or all trails at the WWC. While riding all the trails is more doable for a Mt biker, a runner is going to be out there much longer. I can attest to this personally.



But it is a neat achievement. My experience today was made a little more difficult given the temperature was nearly 90 degrees. This was really our first hot day this spring. I really felt it during the afternoon hours. I made sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. This the only reason that I could keep going.

Now, I am back to reality again. Like everyone else, I am hoping that we have better days ahead.

Stay healthy my friends and practice social distancing. This is the only way that we are going string this virus long until we can give hospitals what they need to take care of people in need and hopefully a vaccine soon.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts