Oh that hurts

 I was cruising down the trail about 15 miles or so in to my long run last Saturday. The heat and humidity were terrible, and I guess that I let my mind drift ahead to having cold drink after my run. 

The next thing that I realized I was looking up at the leaves in the trees. My brain was still trying to make sense of what just happened. I look back down the trail, and there was a short stub protruding out of the ground. Not high enough to catch my attention but certainly high enough to catch my foot. 

Typically when I fall, my palms take the brunt of the hit. However, this time, I landed more on my right side. Oh, did it hurt. I laid there for a few seconds before pushing myself back to my feet and back to running. 

That night it was tough sleeping. Every time that I rolled on to my right side, I was reminded of what happened. In fact, it was been tough sleeping every night since. 

I don't think that I broke any ribs but they certainly took a hard shot. My runs have been a bit of a dull ache ever since. 

Crossing your fingers because I will be headed back to the trails this weekend. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures

Comments

Popular Posts